Wireless Fidelity is a game-changer. Wi-Fi or Wireless Fidelity is an absolute necessity in today’s scenario. It has changed the course of the world by providing internet to all the devices households at cheap rates and good speed. Every home has a router which is no less than a member of the family. Providing access to the world wirelessly, Wi-Fi is an invention that has brought the world closer and made it better. In the current scenario, when everything is being done from home online, it can be a real pain if somehow you’re unable to connect to the internet. When a guest comes or when you go to a new place, the first question that gets asked is, “What is the password to the Wi-Fi?” With weird Wi-Fi, names come with funny passwords.
While setting up the Wi-Fi, you put your mind into assigning the password and coming up with something difficult to crack by anyone. Imagine if one day you forget the password. You lose access to your Wi-Fi due to it. This sounds no less than a horror story. Don’t worry; we’ve got you covered. We will give you the top 5 best ways to recover the password to your Wi-Fi and resume your work. If you can’t seem to use these ways, head over to our website at CrunchyTricks where we have the best Wi-Fi Password Stealer apps for Android. You can learn about the best Wi-Fi password stealer apps and use them whenever a situation arises. Be careful to not misuse these apps as they are meant to reveal passwords and not to sabotage networking devices. Any illegal use should be avoided as it can have serious consequences. Now that you’re done reading about these apps, go ahead and have a look at these methods. They are easy to carry out and sure to help you get back connected to the world of the internet. Here are the methods-
- Check your mobile’s settings thoroughly in case of hotspot
- This is the most basic way to recover your mobile hotspot’s password.
- Go through your mobile’s settings and look for the hotspot and tethering menu.
- In the personal hotspot menu, you will find the option to show your password.
- There you can find it and change it as well according to your convenience.
- The settings may change from device to device, but you will surely find the password to your hotspot there.
- Check the Wi-Fi router documentation
- This method will work only if you haven’t changed the default password of your Wi-Fi connection.
- When you get a new Wi-Fi, you receive documentation for your router with all the details of your Wi-Fi.
- You can find your password in the documentation of your Wi-Fi router.
- If you have changed the default password, you can check out the next tips for further help.
- Find the password on your Windows PC
- This method will work only when you’ve forgotten the password but you are connected to the Wi-Fi from your computer.
- All you need to do is look for the Wi-Fi icon on your Windows and click it. The Wi-Fi menu box will appear once you click it.
- Then select network and internet connections, leading to the Wi-Fi tab where you will find the option to change the adapter. Here you need to select the currently connected wireless network and click on view status.
- An option stating wireless properties will appear, and there you need to select the security tab.
- There, you will see a box for the network security key, and when you click on show characters, you will know the password.
- Checking for the password on the router’s web interface
- Many successful Wi-Fi companies have a website or interface that can recover your password when you have lost it.
- Every router’s back has a username for your account on the router’s specific web interface. You need to go on the interface, click on the Wi-Fi option, and select your Wi-Fi network.
- The portal will display your Wi-Fi’s current password. From here, you can get your password and even change it to your convenience if you wish to.
- Router Reset
- When none of the above options help, you have only one way left to recover your password. It is to reset your router to the original factory setting since the password is undiscoverable.
- When you reset the router, all your devices will lose connection with the Wi-Fi. It is better to try the above methods before trying this one out. In this process, you need to press the reset button at the back of the router.
- There will be a light or flash which will indicate that the router has successfully been reset. Once this happens, the router will go back to its default settings, the password you will find in your router’s documentation as mentioned in step number 2.
- Here, you will find and will be able to change the password.
These are some ways to allow you to recover your password or regain your connection to the Wi-Fi, which are sure to get your devices back in working condition. I hope this article helped you. Check out our website for more useful tips and information related to the technology world.