Maharashtra, particularly in Pune and Mumbai, there are many premier colleges that offer MBA Programmes. So, candidates who want admission to MBA courses offered by the top-ranked colleges in India often choose Maharashtra. Pune and Mumbai are home to many of India’s top master of business administration colleges.
Most of these B-schools consider the CAT, MAT, XAT and other national-level management entrance exams in Maharashtra for MBA admissions.
Over 100 colleges in Maharashtra accept the scores of MAH MBA CET, a state-level entrance exam administered by the State Common Entrance Test Cell. Students who pass the MAH CET can find MBA colleges that suit their needs.
Read further to learn everything about the MBA admission process in Maharashtra, including MBA eligibility criteria in Maharashtra, exam dates, fees, syllabus, and participating colleges.
What is MAH CET MBA?
- MAH CET, or the Maharashtra Common Entrance Test, is an entrance exam for the MBA admission process in Maharashtra.
- This test is officially known as the MAH MBA/MMS-CET, and the Maharashtra State Common Entrance Test Cell conducts this test.
- There are four sections in the MAH MBA CET exam –
- Logical Reasoning,
- Abstract Reasoning,
- Quantitative Aptitude, and
- Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension.
- Colleges participating in MAH CET will allocate MBA course seats based on candidates’ scores via the Centralised Admission Process (CAP) or Counselling.
- CAT/GMAT/CMAT/MAT/XAT/ATMA candidates with valid scores can directly join MAH CET MBA counselling for admission to MAH CET participating colleges.
MBA Eligibility Criteria in Maharashtra
- The candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognised university with a minimum of 50% in aggregate (at least 45 per cent for reserved category candidates).
- Students in their final year or awaiting their bachelor’s degree results can also apply.
- Candidates who take the CAT/GMAT/CMAT/MAT/XAT/ATMA are eligible for admission against the All-India Seats, provided they meet the eligibility criteria. According to the schedule, such candidates must fill out an online application form.
MBA Maharashtra Entrance Exam Dates
The MBA Maharashtra admission process includes a MAH CET entrance exam. Here are the tentative dates for MAH CET 2023:
|MAH CET events 2023||MAH CET MBA exam dates 2023||Important features|
|MAH MBA registrations||March to May 2023||The registration and application submission window will open soon. On the Maharashtra CET website, candidates can fill out the forms.|
|Form correction||Till June 2023||The candidate can update the graduation score and upload a better copy of their photo and signature during this time.|
|Admit card download||July 2023||You can download the Maharashtra CET admit card by entering your application number and date of birth on the official website.|
|Exam date||August 2023||Two sessions will be held in 48 cities at several test centres.|
|Result declaration||September 2023||On the official website, the result and scorecard will be available.|
|MAH CET 2023 MBA CAP||October to November 2023||CAP, or Centralised Counselling Process, is conducted online.|
MBA Admission Maharashtra MAH CET – Syllabus
MAH CET MBA syllabus has four sections:
- Logical Reasoning,
- Abstract Reasoning,
- Quantitative Aptitude, and
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension.
Look at the below table to learn the detailed outline of the syllabus.
|Logical reasoning & Abstract reasoning||Coding, Symbol-based Comparison, Blood Relations, Venn Diagram, Linear & Circular Arrangement, and Series Completion.|
|Quantitative aptitude||Algebra, Probability, Ratio & Proportion, Mensuration, Time & Work, Percentage, and Data Interpretation.|
|Verbal ability and Reading comprehension||Reading Comprehension, Sentence Completion, Para jumbles, Antonyms, Synonyms, Grammar, Vocabulary.|
MBA Admission Maharashtra MAH CET – Exam Pattern
Candidates must thoroughly understand the MAH MBA CET exam pattern and test structure to score well.
Here are some highlights of the MBA CET 2023 exam pattern.
|The total number of sections, questions, and allotted marks.|
Logical reasoning75 questions75 marksAbstract reasoning25 questions25 marksQuantitative aptitude50 questions50 marksVerbal ability and reading comprehension50 questions50 marks
|Duration of the exam||150 minutes|
|Mode of the exam||Computer-based test|
|Examination medium (Language)||English|
|Marking pattern||For each correct answer, one mark will be given.No negative marking.|
MBA Maharashtra Admission Process – CAP or Counselling
After the MAH MBA CET, seats are allocated through a standard counselling process called the Centralised Admission Process (CAP). State Common Entrance Test Cell administers the MBA CAP to give seats in participating institutes. MBA CAP rounds are open to all MBA CET qualifiers.
MAH MBA CET requires CAT/CMAT/GMAT/MAT/ATMA/ XAT scores from students outside Maharashtra to be eligible to apply for admission to Maharashtra management colleges. Online registration is available for the MBA CET CAP. Before the deadline, candidates must register for the MBA CET CAP on the Maharashtra CET website.
Below are some key points candidates should know about MAH CET MBA counselling.
- There are three rounds of the MAH MBA CET CAP for Maharashtra State and Out-of-State candidates.
- A registration fee of ₹ 1,000 is required for non-MAH CET students to apply for the MAH MBA CET CAP. The cost for students in the Reserved category is ₹ 800.
- Following selection, candidates must verify their documents at designated counselling centres.
Students who want to become job-ready while pursuing their MBA degree can sign up with colleges powered by Sunstone. It is a leading education service provider that partnered with some of the best MBA colleges in Mumbai. Sunstone is present in 35+ cities in India and 50+ colleges and universities. So, if you choose to study MBA anywhere in India, you can still avail of Sunstone’s benefits.
- Placement assurance – At Sunstone, students get 100% placement assistance after course completion, with a guarantee of 50+ interviews.
- Future-ready training – Get ready for the future with Sunstone’s dynamic modules! Learn in-demand skills and advanced certifications to stay ahead of the competition.
People Also Ask
What is the procedure for MBA admission in Maharashtra?
Maharashtra offers MBA admissions through MAH MBA CET, CAT, GMAT, MAT, NMAT, ATMA, etc. The DTE Maharashtra conducts GD and PI rounds after candidates pass these entrance tests.
Which entrance exam is best for MBA in Maharashtra?
- MAH CET, known as the Maharashtra Common Entrance Test, is the best entrance test for MBA admissions in Maharashtra.
- The State Common Entrance Test Cell of Maharashtra conducts the MAH MBA CET exam.
When does MBA admission start in Maharashtra in 2023?
- Registration for the MBA common entrance test MAH CET opens in March 2023 and ends in May 2023.
- The exam will be conducted in August 2023, and results will be declared in September 2023.
- Counselling will be conducted from October to November 2023, confirming admission into the Maharashtra MBA colleges.