Every WordPress user initially looks for different ways to improve the site’s performance. They want to find the best WordPress themes, plugins, and tools for their site. A site stores data in different forms such as posts, settings, images, contact information, etc. And a WordPress database plugin enables you to backup, restore, and access those data.
Are you looking for the best WordPress database plugin for your site? As there are many database plugins available, choosing the right database plugin for your site/blog can be tricky. So to make it easier for you, I have listed 5 best WordPress database plugins.
Best WordPress Database Plugins
The following database plugins have multi-purpose utilities. You can choose the best one as per your requirement.
Updraft Backup and Restoration
With more than a million active installations, Updraft Backup & Restoration is one of the best database plugins. It has many advanced features which made it popular and well known. It has made it super easy to maintain and organize your data. Some of the useful features of the database which are available in the free version.
- It allows you to backup your site data easily.
- It has an integration of cloud backups with Google drive and dropbox.
- This database plugin operates fast without slowing down your site.
If you opt for the premium version, you get many advanced features such as
- The backup is incremental
- You can easily duplicate the data and migrate your website
- It allows you to work in multi-network
- Encrypts your site data
Vault Press is an automated backup plugin. It takes the backup automatically whenever there is a change in the website. So you don’t need to separately save your backup data. This is why it is one of the best WordPress Plugins which allows you to save your data from any accidental loss.
The only thing you need to do is set up the plugin first, and you don’t need to think about it anymore. It also has some interesting features, including
- Single click restore of backup
- It works in real-time
- Protection against hackers and spammers
- Monthly backup archive
- It reviews any threat signal or codes from the internet
However, Vault Press database plugin is not free. The premium version of the plugin is integrated with Google Analytics, video hosting, and other advanced features. However, it is a bit costly but worth the money invested.
Both the WordPress plugin which I have mentioned above are a bit expensive. On the contrary, if you are looking for the same features with relatively low cost then BackWPup Free database plugin is one of the best choices. In addition, the free version allows all the operations that you get from the above two WordPress plugins. Here are the features of the free version of the plugin.
- Allows you to manage and backup data
- Checks your database for errors and solves it
- Optimizes the performance of the database
- Connects to several cloud storages and also has a flexible storage system
- Sends logs and backups with the help of an email
The premium version of the plugin allows you to connect multiple sites with full support for a year.
If your primary requirement is data optimization, then WP-DB manager is the best choice. It automatically creates a menu on the WordPress dashboard which allows you for easy customization and management. This plugin is one of the best among other WordPress plugins and has the following features
- Shows a detailed database profile in the dashboard
- Takes backups of all data with a scheduling feature
- Database optimization
- Integrates SQL query
- Easy database management
Due to the SQL integration the process of data manipulation features. However, avoid this feature if you are not familiar with SQL.
The participant database is something different from all the plugins above. Because it stores the data in the form of tables. All your data such as posts, comments, and other data in a table. This is a free WordPress database plugin but with many exciting features such as
- Allow you to configure the full database for different kinds of information.
- Offers you customizable forms
- Enhances plugin
- Email notification for the changes you have made in your database
- Provides the platform for transferring CSV files among various databases
Finally, you have got to know about the best database plugins for your WordPress site. Now choose the plugin which is suitable for your requirement. I recommend you to use the free versions first, if you are satisfied then you can opt for the paid versions later. Some website owners are only using the free version and they don’t need a paid version. So decide which one to choose according to your requirement. If you have any queries then drop in the comments below.