Work-From-Home (WFH) is one of the main debate topics lately. This works best for working professionals. Time is changing fast, and it has become necessary for the companies to build a transparent culture within, which includes trusting employees to work whenever they want. It is definitely going to improve the productivity of employees. Most of the companies still do not believe in formal work from home policy. On the other hand, the majority of employees are keen on having such a policy. There are a lot of companies that still follows the traditional work culture.
They believe that the following reasons make them feel that they have the best policy.
- Productive and performance doesn’t match: Employers feel that the productivity of the employees gets hampered when they work from home. Tracking mechanism to handle workforce becomes difficult.
- Limited logistics do not allow WFH culture: There are situations (especially in the IT field) where employees are not able to contribute much in the WFH culture because of the limited logistics. Examples of such scenarios are in the supply chain management, health care and hospitality industry.
- Unable to control employees: Employers feel that they are unable to control employees if the WFH culture is followed within the organization.
Employers do get benefits of WFH culture
Let’s see the benefits.
- Reduced overhead: If employees work from home, then it helps employers reduce overhead expenditure. For example, there is limited need of office equipment, employers can even instruct employees to use their own phones and home computers. There are other savings, like electricity, office supplies, etc.
- Increased Productivity: The employees who work from home are more productive as compared to the ones who work in a traditional office environment.
- Higher Morale: Employees who have flexible working hours have higher morale and fulfill their duties sincerely. Not only this, they enjoy their job responsibilities more. This further improves the quality of work and productivity
After going through the above-mentioned points, you will be able to understand that employees often value flexible working schedules. It gives them a good work-life balance. On the other hand, it is also beneficial for employers, such as high-rate of retention, lower operations cost, etc.
Invest in an ERP for effortless work
To increase the probability of WFH, you can also invest in ERP software for specific industry vertical you are in. For example, if you are in a packaging business you can ask your employees to use this erp for packaging and access the system from home. The Cloud ERP helps employees to stay responsive and do all batch tracking, monitor BOMs, ink management and production management seamlessly with one single software.
So, what are you waiting for! Think out the ways how you can implement Work-From-Home culture in your organization and bring smiles to all faces.