The world is changing a lot and still evolving and developing more, and the companies or organizations that have adopted technology have a promising future. Digitization has facilitated the growth of change in a broad range of areas such as enterprises, new goods, and entertainment. While digitalization offers tremendous advantages and benefits, it also has numerous disadvantages. One of the most critical and harmful concerns associated with it is the chance of losing your personal information.
Cyberattacks are so common these days, causing damage to individuals, government units, and organizations. Nowadays, cybercriminals can now reach their targets from any area in the world and at any time. In today’s corporate world, the attack surface is massive, and it’s expanding at a dizzying speed. This means that assessing and improving a company’s cybersecurity posture involves more than just human input.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is an essential part of information security because these technologies can quickly evaluate a lot of data sets and identify a vast number of risks that could lead to a phishing attempt. This system is constantly evolving, growing, and improving, based on historical and current occurrences to detect new forms of attacks that could happen today or tomorrow.
AI and Cyber Security Landscape: Relationship
Artificial intelligence (AI) is a significant aspect in determining how computers make decisions. For example, if the computer detects suspicious behavior on the system, it may prohibit access until the proper authority grants permission. Machine Learning is used in these artificial intelligence technologies, in which IT experts create algorithms based on data acquired over time. The algorithm is designed in such a way that it can identify and discriminate between legitimate and illegitimate access. Machine Learning technology improves an organization’s security by increasing the predictability of threats and abnormalities.
Humans can’t match the speed and accuracy with which concerns are determined. As a result, artificial intelligence and machine learning technology can help your firm avoid cyber-attacks that could cost millions of dollars. Nonetheless, as hackers evolve due to technological advancements, organizations must continue to update security systems.
AI in Cyber Security Landscape: Impacts
Artificial Intelligence has several benefits and uses in various disciplines, including Cyber Security. With today’s fast-changing cyber-attacks and the increasing development of technologies, AI can help hackers stay awake, automate threat detection, and respond promptly than existing computing and manual approaches. Following are the benefits and uses of AI in Cyber Security Landscape:
- Detection of new threats – Artificial Intelligence (AI) can identify cyber threat landscape and potentially hazardous activity. Because standard software systems cannot keep up with the massive volume of new viruses emerging each week, AI can help in this domain.
- Protection of passwords – Passwords have always been a flimsy security measure, and this is the only measure that can help us from cybercriminals and save our accounts from them. Biometric authentication has been tested as a potential password substitute. Developers use Artificial Intelligence (AI) to improve biometric authentication and eliminate flaws to make it a more reliable system.
- Protection from malicious bots – Bots now represent a large part of web traffic and can be a nuisance. There is a severe risk from the theft of credentials to the creation of new & fake accounts and data theft. Automated attacks cannot be countered solely through manual responses. AI helps develop a thorough understanding of website traffic and differentiate good bots (such as search engine crawlers), harmful bots, and humans.
- Endpoints protection – The number of remote-working gadgets is continually increasing, and artificial intelligence can assist in securing them all. Antivirus and VPN solutions can help protect against cyber-attacks from hidden viruses. However, they typically rely on signatures and may be unable to defend against it. But, AI can help by notifying a professional or restoring the system to a safe state.
Drawbacks of AI in Cyber Security Landscape
- The development and maintenance of an AI system will demand substantially more time & expense.
- Artificial intelligence advancements may open the path for new cyber dangers to arise.
- The amount of time, money, and resources required to develop, manage, and perform cyberattacks will decrease drastically, resulting in a lower return on investment for cyber attackers and a substantial threat to national security.
- Artificial intelligence is faster and more effective than humans at exploiting a system’s flaws.
The future scope of AI in India
Since the covid pandemic has shown up, many Indian firms and governments and also many other countries are experimenting with innovation by reimagining their businesses and operating models utilizing new technologies like artificial intelligence (AI) to become more dynamic, adaptable, and responsive. The AI’s effectiveness in society and business has risen as processor speed, digitization, and data storage capabilities have developed at lower costs. This has resulted in a significant focus on AI, with many companies and economic systems, including India, focusing on developing and scaling up AI capabilities.
The sizable global technology giant corporations, startups, and GICs/GCCs (Global Capability Centers), based out of India, are currently driving AI adoption in India. Here are some of the sectors in India that have adopted AI: pharma & healthcare, MNCs, banking & financial services industries, agriculture, and many more.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is beneficial for us and is becoming a must-have tool to improve the effectiveness of information security organizations. We as humans are no longer productive of satisfactorily securing an enterprise-level attack surface, and Artificial Intelligence provides the much-needed monitoring and threat detection that the security experts can use to reduce the probability of an infringement and improve their organization’s defense capabilities. Furthermore, AI may help detect and assess risks, the early detection of malware cyber-attacks, and the direction of incident response. As a result, AI is assisting firms in advancing the Cyber Security Landscape and building more robust overall security.
Author Bio: Jacob Barlee is a digital marketer and technical writer at Mobzway. I’m passionate about exploring and writing about poker, casino software and online gaming development business.