Long, thick, black, soft and glossy, be it straight or curly, healthy and strong hair has always been considered a symbol of beauty in India. Blooming fashion trends have set different parametres for an updated fashionable look but one criteria which remained constant is the variety of traditional hair oils based on Ayurvedic recipes. The word Ayurveda is derived from Sanskrit – ‘Ayu’ means life and ‘Veda’ means science. The science of life bestows the elixir of life, health and beauty to the hair.
Utilising this craze for traditional hair oils, many companies in India have emerged as Ayurvedic hair oil manufacturers. These Ayurvedic hair oil manufacturers have a plethora of hair oils in their list, used for different purposes. A good oil massage keeps the nervous system healthy. Also it enhances blood circulation and strengthens the hair follicles and cured many diseases.
Types of Ayurvedic hair oil
- Coconut oil
- Seasame oil
- Almond oil
- Amla oil
- Bhringaraj oil
- Bhrami oil
- Neem seed oil
There are many factors which lead to thinning or premature greying of hair. Imbalanced diet, low thyroid, high stress, pollution, chemical ridden hair products are generally the cause of imbalanced Ports or Vata dosha leading to thin and damaged hair. Also excessive intake of caffeinated and high sugar beverages cause hair loss. In Ayurveda most hair oil are made from natural coolants since most of the hair problems occur from pitta dosha. Ayurveda also promotes herbs good for memory and overall brain health. Let’s talk about the benefits of such few oils.
Seasame oil-It is a base oil for almost all the massage oils in ancient traditional Ayurveda. Seasame oil has many uses including medicinal use. It cures many diseases like headache, premature greying, baldness, dandruff, hairfall and helps in getting a sound sleep. As it has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties.
- Coconut oil- This oil has many beneficial properties. Being used as a pre-wash conditioner, when used reduces dandruff. It also an excellent coolant is best for treating thin, fine, premature greying hair. People who are prone to catching cold can mix black pepper with coconut oil , heart the mixture and use it when luke warm after filtering it.
- Almond oil- In Ayurveda, it is used to treat thin, dry, frizzy hair. Due to its content of rich vitamin E, calcium and magnesium, it is used as a directional massage oil. It adda lustre, shine and strengthens hair.
- Neem seed oil- Neem has cosmetics and medicinal uses and the oil got from its dress is also used like wise. Being rich in vitamin E and essential fatty acids, it stimulates growth. Also it has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-fungal properties which promotes the prevention of dandruff.
- Bhrami – This herbs is a super Ayurvedic gem and has many beneficial properties. Used for nourishment and prevention of hair loss, the massage of this oil increases blood circulation in the scalp and strengthens hair follicles. It also used to treat dry, itchi and flaky scalp and promotes hair density when used as a powdered hair mask.
- Methi- It has high content protein, vitamin C, iron, potassium and lethicin – all of which promote hair growth, eliminate dry scalp and dandruff.
The Ayurvedic hair oil manufacturers combine such ingredients to bring out the best.