If you want to experience your favorite videos on the bigger screen,i.e., on the television, then streaming VLC to Chromecast is everything you need to know about. Everyone knows VLC is the leading video media player while Chromecast is a device from Google that gives you more entertainment and fun from your videos.
You’ll be able to watch all your shows and videos on much bigger screen than the laptop or mobile. So, let’s talk about how to stream VLC media to Chromecast.
For this, you need to own a Chromecast device first. There are two methods from which you can stream to Chromecast,i.e., with theplugin and without it.
You need to upgrade your VLC to the latest version as the older version doesn’t work with Chromecast. Steps include:
- First step is to connect the device to your television using the port of HDMI.
- After that, open the chrome and download its extension.
- After opening the VLC, select the video that you would like to watch.
- You need to open the browser and in that, the new tab. Choose the option of cast screen from the extension. Now, you are all set to stream from VLC to Chromecast.
- Now, whatever video selection you have made, you can enjoy watching on your television as well.
The steps were so easy that it can be done very easily. You can also stream videos without the extension. All the steps are mentioned below.
- Install the updated version of VLC Media Player based on its configuration.
- Ensure that your device of Chromecast is connected properly to your television.
- After that you need to open the VLC player and go to the videos, renderer.
- After this, you need to select the submenu, tap on the scan button. You’ll see all the nearby devices available.
- From the list, choose the Chromecast device.
- Now, select and play the desired video you would like to watch, It will ask for the prompt display.
- All this is for the security purpose. You just need to click on the certificate, and you’ll be able to see its certificate on the screen.
- Select the option of accepting it permanently.
- Now, since all the steps are done, you can enjoy watching your video or movie on your television.
These were the steps of how to stream VLC to Chromecast on your computer. But, apparently you don’t carry your laptop everywhere, but there’s one such thing that you can’t leave your home without and that’s smartphone.
So, here are the steps to stream VLC to Chromecast by using your smartphone.
- Go to your PlayStore and search for the app of Chromecast and then download it.
- Ensure that your VLC player is of the latest version in your phone.
- After that, connect the device of Chromecast to your television with HDMI.
- Navigate to the app of Chromecast with your phone and select the option of Cast Screen.
- From the given options, pick the name of your device.
- Now, enjoy your favorite video on television.