Is there anyone who has not transferred data with an USB data cable? Whether it’s a mobile phone, TV or laptop, camera or any other electronic device USB cables are provided with every electronic device to connect to other devices as well as transfer data from one device to the other. As per technical definition, Universal Serial Bus or USB refers to the different types of cables and connectors that connect the devices, like printers, scanners, keyboards, flash drives, external hard drives, joysticks, cameras, music systems to computers. Moreover, the portable devices like tabs and e-book readers nowadays use USB cables for charging purposes. If you are looking for a USB Cable make sure you consult one of the leading USB Extension cable providers for the quality assured product which will be durable enough to serve you long.
Generally 4 types of USB standards are available based on their speed of transferring data, as follows:
- USB 3.1 – This is the latest version and is known as Superspeed+ since with these cables the data is transferred at the highest possible rate of 10 Gbps or 10,240 Mpbs.
- USB 3.0 – These are known as Superspeed and transfer data at a comparatively slower speed of 5 Gbps or 5,120 Mbps.
- USB 2.0 – These are mostly used and are known as High speed and devices with USB 2.0 have a transmission rate of 480 Mbps.
- USB 1.1 – These are known as Full Speed and are known to have a speed of 12 Mbps.
Male and Female Connectors in USB: The male connector is called the plug which is on the cable or flash drive while the female is known as the receptacle which is either the connector on the device, the computer/laptop or the extension cord itself.
The different USB connectors or cables available can be summarized as below:
- USB Type C – These are rectangular in shape and they come with 4 rounded corners. The USB 3.1 speed is available only with Type C USB cables but adapters are available with the lower speeds.
- USB Type A – These are the most common in the market. These go with USB 2.0 and USB 3.0.
- USB Type B – These are square in shape and have a top notch and are mostly used with USB 3.0. These plugs are not compatible with USB 2.0 Type B or USB 1.1 Type B receptacles.
- USB Micro-A – These are only compatible with USB 3.0 Micro-AB receptacles. Also USB Micro-A plugs can be used with both USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 Micro-AB receptacles
- USB Micro-B – USB 3.0 Micro-B plugs look similar to USB 3.0 Micro-A plugs and they seem to be connected yet separated plugs. Note that USB 3.0 Micro-B plugs are compatible with both USB 3.0 Micro-B receptacles and USB 3.0 Micro-AB receptacles. Also, USB Micro-B plugs are physically compatible with both USB 2.0 Micro-B and Micro-AB receptacles, as well as USB 3.0 Micro-B and Micro-AB receptacles.
- USB Mini-A – These can only be used with USB Mini-AB receptacles.
- USB Mini-B – These can be used with USB 2.0 Mini-B and Mini-AB receptacles.
It is advisable to buy quality tested USB cables from the best of manufacturers and suppliers so that your devices do not get damaged and ensure that the USB is compatible with all devices possible.
Have You Installed Pusher Furnaces Yet?
Your Resume is the Marketing Tool For Yourself
4 Effective Tips for Having an Eye Catching Logo Design
Website Builders for Web Designing Is A Smart Way to Save Time and Money
Insights On The Different Types Of Hospital Bed Mattress For Your Hospital
How To Make Social Media Secure For Kids?
How to Install Car Rally Stickers on Your Car?
Introducing Technology PR & its Benefits
A Complete Guide to Secure An Accountant Job
Why you Should take a Personal Loan to Fund your Dream Wedding?
Tech4 months ago
7 Ways Mobile Application Development Helps Businesses To Grow Profits
Tech2 months ago
How Social Media & Digital Marketing Tactics Can Boost SEO Rankings
Tech4 months ago
Review: Movavi Video Converter for Mac
Manufacturers4 months ago
Virtuous Manufacturer Deals with High Quality Printed Circuit Board
Business4 months ago
Three Tips for Making Sure That Your Restaurant is Successful
Manufacturers4 months ago
Store your Hose Well! Get a Hose Hanger!
Lifestyle1 week ago
Importance of Using An All Natural Bar Soap
Review4 months ago
Top 6 Advantages of Outdoor Printed Barrier